Sunday, October 11, 2009

For an Old-Friend

Between the ages of 18-21 I had a wonderful opportunity to belong to a church group called, "Young Adults." During this time my mother was dying of cancer. This group was a very strong support for me. I found great comfort during out get togethers. I received word a few weeks ago that one of those members has been diagnosed with cancer. The words from their Caring Bridge Website follow: Ed was diagnosed in September with pancreatic cancer which has spread to his liver and lungs. We've been told there is no cure for this type of cancer. They are a family with strong faith and are open to miracles. As I read of their struggles I remember the pain and suffering my mother and sister endured during their illnesses. I pray for Peace for Ed and his family during this difficult time. I know they find great comfort in a loving God. Today I dedicate this poem to them and ask that you join me in prayer.

The Moments

In times of trials
In times of pain
Remember to grasp
The moments
In Between

Those short tiny moments
Are there for our respite
To help us find Peace
Among the chaos

1 comment:

Staying in Balance said...

Beautiful. I was thinking of him this morning, too. We sang "Be Not Afraid" at church. Seemed made for this situation.